We are so thrilled to announce that Method is on track to open in Fall of 2020, but we do so with the safety of our guests as our top priority. During these extraordinary times, we thank you for your patience and understanding. The COVID-19 pandemic has brought unprecedented challenges but none that our community cannot overcome. With that in mind, we have implemented some safety guidelines, temporary procedures and operational hours, and equipment to provide all of our guests a safe and fun experience.
We are asking all our guests for their continued patience and assistance with keeping each other safe. Our community has always been tight-knit and will continue to watch each other’s backs. It really doesn’t matter how many safety rules there are – at the end of the day, it’s up to us to keep each other safe. Distancing, masks, disinfecting, and sanitizing are all inconveniences, but better to deal with minor inconvenience than major illness. Method will provide hand sanitizing stations and sanitizing wipes for equipment throughout the facility. We will also provide masks for those who don’t have one. Face coverings are mandatory when not climbing and optional when on the wall, though we strongly encourage all guests to keep face coverings on at all times. Staff will be required to do so at all times. Of course, we encourage everyone to wash your hands and maintain social distancing of 6 feet.
During our initial phase of opening, climbing sessions will be by reservation only with priority given to members and 10-Pass members. As we get closer to open, please refer back here for available climbing session scheduling. Walk-ins and Day Pass guests are welcome, but only if an open climbing session is available based on limited maximum capacity which is not guaranteed. We strongly suggest checking our website for availability; please note that staff will be busy with COVID-19 procedures during downtime and may not be available to answer phone inquiries. Links for memberships and day passes will be provided after we know the definitive opening date.
- Members may reserve climbing sessions up to one week in advance.
- 10-Pass members may reserve climbing sessions up to 5 days in advance.
- Day Pass guests may reserve sessions 24 hours in advance.
- Reserved time slots are for 2-hour climbing sessions.
Additional temporary restrictions include:
- Fitness and Yoga classes are cancelled.
- Locker rooms and showers are closed.
- Water fountains (except for bottle refills) are suspended. We urge all guests to bring their own water bottles or purchase bottled water from the front desk or Method Cafe.
- Lounge areas and Method Cafe seating is restricted.
- We will not be accepting cash payments at the gym, Method Cafe, or retail store for purchases until further notice. We will accept credit/debit cards for all purchases.
- Method will be limited to 88 guests maximum capacity at reduced operational hours as follows: Monday – Friday 2pm-10pm; Saturday 12pm – 8pm.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT CHECK-IN
Reservations should be made in advance. Walk-ins (day passes) will only be accepted if time slots are available, and with limited capacity, climbing sessions are not guaranteed. Upon arrival, all guests will need to sanitize their hands and submit to a forehead touchless temperature reading of 100.4 degrees fahrenheit or lower. Guests who refuse to comply or show readings beyond this thresholds will not be permitted to enter the facilities.
If you or anyone you are in close contact with is experiencing any flu or cold-like symptoms, please stay at home and come back another time when you are feeling well. Similarly, if you have traveled outside of the country or to another state where infection rates are high, we ask that you self-quarantine and come visit Method after 14 days. While this policy is a recommendation, Method reserves the right to deny access if we deem any guest may pose an increased risk of transmission. Please use common sense and courtesy.
HAND HYGIENE, FACE COVERINGS, AND SOCIAL DISTANCING
While some of these policies/suggestions may seem obvious, all are intended to minimize transmission and are the minimally intrusive things we can do to keep each other safe.
- Please wash/sanitize your hands frequently and especially upon entering and leaving the facility.
- Wipe down any equipment after use paying particular attention to high touch areas.
- We urge guests to use liquid chalk because it contains a significant amount of alcohol which has proven sanitizing properties.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Face coverings should be worn at all times, though it can be removed while climbing if necessary. Make sure masks cover the mouth and nose when in use.
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance at all times including while on the wall climbing.
WE’RE DOING OUR PART
- In addition to our CadFil air filtration system, Method plans to install an industrial AirPHX machine, a new air purification technology which has been found to be an effective deterrent for COVID-19 and other biological risks.
- Hand sanitizer stations and masks will be provided throughout the facility at no extra charge. We urge all staff and guests to use them frequently.
- Thorough cleaning and disinfection of all high touch areas and fitness equipment every 2 hours (between climbing sessions), during breaks, and additionally as needed. We ask guests to help between those times by wiping down the equipment after each use.
- Staff is required to wear face coverings at all times and pass daily health checks including temperature readings prior to their scheduled shift. Any failed health checks will result in Staff member self quarantine for 14 days.
- All Staff members will be required to wash/sanitize their hands after touching any equipment or facility structures.