Choose your Method
New to climbing? We know how tough it can be, and joining a new gym can be daunting. Don’t worry, we got you. We recommend getting the intro package, which is a low-commitment 2-week trial membership with free intro to climbing classes. Otherwise, you can explore the gym on your own with a day pass.
Unlimited climbing for the day
Access to our fitness area
Unlimited climbing for 2 weeks
Access to our fitness area
Free Intro to climbing classes
Free rental gear
No initiation fee
Waiver and Orientation
There are a few things that you can do before you arrive to save time when you arrive. We require all participants to sign a liability waiver and an orientation video acknowledgement form. Please see complete the steps below to make your visit to Method go as smoothly as possible.
Please watch the video in the link below as well as sign the acknowledgement form stating that you watched and understood it.
Parking & Transportation
Free Street Parking
There is free street parking on weekdays after 6pm and weekends all day:
- Around Washington Park and on Halsey Street (link to google map)
- Free parking all day on Division St (link to google map) but we suggest that you only use this street during daylight hours.
If you would like to see a map of all the free street parking in the area, please view our map (link to map).
If you are unable to find street parking, please park at the the following garages:
- SP+ Parking garage at 27 New Street (next to Whole Foods)
- Up to 3 hours for $4.50 after 5pm on weekdays and all day weekends.
- Gates closes promptly at 10pm so please pick up car before then.
- IDT Garage at 20 Atlantic Street (behind the Walker House Building)
- 4 hours for $6 (With validated ticket from the cafe)
With so many nearby options, we encourage our guests to take public transportation.
The gym is an 8 minute walk from Newark Broad Street Station, which is currently served by NJ Transit and the Light Rail. All the lines lead to New York Penn Station which is just a 20 minute ride from Broad St Station.
Serving NJ Transit, Amtrak, the Path and Light rail, Newark Penn Station is a transportation hub. Whether your coming form NY or Jersey City, a quick ride on the Light Rail and you can get from door to wall in under 30 min.
Just the FAQs
No, just come on in during business hours and we’ll help you get started. Save yourself some time by signing the waiver and video orientation acknowledgement online before you arrive.
Everyone, even if you aren’t climbing. You will also need to sign the orientation video acknowledgement form. Click below to fill both out before you arrive to the gym.
Just some comfortable athletic clothes and an adventurous attitude; climbing shoes are available to rent if needed as street shoes are not permitted on our walls.
Yes, the minimum age to participate is 7. Additionally, if you’re bringing a child under the age of 14, they must be supervised at all times:
- All children between the ages of 10-13 must be supervised by an adult at a 2:1 – child to adult – ratio.
- Children under 10 years old must be directly supervised (within arm’s length) by an adult at a 1:1: – child to adult – ratio.
- If you bring more than one child, please plan accordingly.
If you are rope climbing, it’s always advised to climb with a partner, but we do have 8 auto belays in the roping area (which allow you to climb without a belay partner). Bouldering is done without a partner or ropes.
Bouldering is a style of climbing that is generally done on shorter walls (less than 20 feet tall) without the use of harnesses or ropes. It’s as challenging or easy as you want it to be, and our “problems” are color coded to help you identify its level of difficulty.
If you’re interested in coming in with a group, we offer special pricing! Just fill out the form found at the link below and we will get back to you shortly.